WavePlayer is a fully customizable, responsive HTML5 audio player plugin for WordPress. Its interface is built around the waveform of the audio file that is playing back.
Here is a list of the main features of the audio player:
- responsive interface, with a modern looking style
- HTML5 support
- four different sizes that automatically adapt the audio player to your page
- full integration with the WordPress Media Manager
- Visual Editor in WordPress Post Editor
- archival of peak files for an instantaneous access to the waveforms
Audio Player Changelog
- NEW: Thanks to a completely rewritten AJAX call strategy, instance loading is now twice as fast as before.
NEW: In case of multiple instances in one page, the instances load in the order they appear on the page (from top to bottom).
NEW: It is now possible to choose whether WavePlayer override the audio shortcode or not
NEW: WavePlayer is now fully compatible with Internet Explorer 11. The compatibility with Internet Explorer 9 and 10 will be improved soon.
audioshortcode did not look correctly in the Post Editor and it was not possible to edit its content.
- NEW: When automatically replacing an
audioshortcode, WavePlayer now tries to verify if the URL provided actually corresponds to an attachment in the Media Library. If it does, it replace the URL with the ID of such attachment.
- BUGFIX: Automatic replacement of audio shortcodes does not work if the
srcattribute is not provided
- NEW: The Info Bar will automatically hide if one of the placeholders used in the template does not get replaced by any data value
NEW: A spinning icon shows the loading status of the player. This is particularly useful when loading a file for the first time or from a remote location.
BUGFIX: Getting peaks for remote audio files generates cross domain XHR error
- BUGFIX: Track’s title not displaying properly when original audio file does not have the corresponding ID3 tag
- NEW: Introducing a new taxonomy ‘Music Genre’ for attachments
NEW: Create a player that will automatically include all audio files pertaining to one or more ‘Music Genre’
NEW: Create an instance simply providing the URL of an external audio file: WavePlayer will retrieve all the info stored in the ID3 tags, including a cover art picture if available, and make a local copy for a faster future access (only the ID3 tags and the cover art will be stored locally, not the audio file).
NEW: Customize the default image that appears when a track does not have its own thumbnail
FIX: Color Pickers now work also in the Media Manager, not only in the WavePlayer Settings page
FIX: Minor interface improvements
- BUGFIX: Default settings not applying correctly to the shortcode when editing its properties in the Media Manager
BUGFIX: ‘autoplay’ not working properly in combination with ‘repeat_all’
FIX: A recent Chrome update changed some CSS default behaviors that messed up with the aspect of the player controls
FIX: Minor improvements to the styling of the player controls
- BUGFIX: WavePlayer preview not showing properly in the post editor on some WordPress multisite installations
- NEW: Multisite support. WavePlayer is now fully compatible with any WordPress Multisite installation
FIX: Graphic improvements in Safari
- NEW: Added a volume control
NEW: Added a button to toggle the visibility of the title bar
BUGFIX: the “NEXT” skip button disappears on last track even with repeat_all activated if the playlist only contains two tracks
- First release